Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday's best

Cardigan/dress/belt- Thrifted Shoes- ?

I think this is my first basically all thrifted outfit. I'm pretty proud :D What I did with the dress actually though, is that I wore it backwards, because I liked that little opening being in the front.

Today I went to church, amd then directly after church I went to a local thrift shop, and I stayed there for about..... 2 and 1/2 hours! It seemed like I was there for much longer than 2 and 1/2 half hours though. I would have to say that it was the most intense thrifting i've ever done too. I looked in basically every section. 
Men's shirts, 
Ladies shirts,
Men's sweaters, 
Ladie's sweaters
Men's coats, 
Little boys shirts, 
Little boys jeans, 
Men's trousers, 
Ladies skirts, 
Ladie's shorts,
Men's blazers
Women's blazers,
Men's and Women's shoes section,
Men's and Women's belts, 
Scarves, 
Purses,
I even wandered on back to where the sell the little knick knacks.

I usually just stay to the sweater's, dresses, shoes, blazers, skirts, and belts and scarves. And I usually don't stay in those sections for long, looking for the hidden gems. But, I did come away with some good stuff. I found a pretty sweet striped shirt, almost the kind II had been looking for. Thin blue stripes, with a white backround, boxy shape, wide neck opening, but the shoulders were a little weird, and I ended up putting it back. 

I'm trying to only buy thing I reallllly like nowadays, because I've found that I'm spending money on stuff that I think looks pretty, but I'll never wear. Or I'm buying things that are almost what I want, but not quite there, but I buy them anyways, and then I don't feel completely confident when I wear it. So, that's why I made up my policy. Let's see how well that holds up though, haha.

No comments:

Followers