Tuesday, March 17, 2009

And look at what you've done

So, my internet was down yesterday. But my dad fixed it today. Anyways, Yesterday was one of those 'do-nothing days' at school. So, I swiped up some index cards and drew out some outfits I want to wear once I find the pieces to make them.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
So, I really want to get a high waisted skirt. I haven't gotten the guts to get one yet, because I'm kinda shy when it comes to dressing outside of my day to day clothing. And the shirt doesn't have to be like the one in the picture, I just want the shirt to be girly and flowy. And the boots, I don't know the name for the style they are(I still have a limited fashion vocabulary). But in this overall outfit, I was going for a girly look.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I saw this type of outfit on a girl, and thought it looked sooo cute. It's basically a vest with a flower print on it, then a belt around your waist, put a white undershirt underneath, put a pair of jeans and moccasins on and, vwa la, the outfit is made.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This look was based around the jeans. I guess you couls call them acid wash, but from what I've seen, you make them with bleach. Anyways, this is the "tough look". There's a leather jacket up top with a basic white tee underneath, and then boots on the bottom. Hopefully I'll be able to get a pair of Dr. Martens off of ebay soon.



WHAT I WORE YESTERDAY
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Shirt-Papaya Vest/Jeans-F21 Undershirt-Hollister Shoes-Minnetonka moccasin shop

And right now, that's about as fashionable as I can get

None of my family has vintage clothes. And my mom has average, mom clothes. My great grandma said she might have clothes from when she was a teen, but I barely see her. She said in her teen days, she wore spectator shoes and high waisted plaid skirts. I was drooling at the mouth. I'm really hoping she'll actually try to look for them. I'm still trying to get out to vintage, consignment, or goodwill store. My mom doesn't seem to be in the mood though. The only thing I've bought that was used a multi colored cardigan from the salvation army. And boys think it makes me look like a grandma. But, I learned to block them out. Also, I only know of maybe, two consignment stores in my area. But, then again, I haven't really been looking for any.

No comments:

Followers